The sun is out, and the garden is in full swing. It's the weekend, but I still find myself thinking about the SSE garden, while planting more onions and tomatoes here in my own.
It's been a wild ride, this exciting project, and now that it's May, there's so much more to come. Here's a round-up of upcoming events:
- This week with classes: more woodchips to spread on trails, more seedlings to plant (lettuce and nasturtiums and onions), Kari's class working on
Garden Alphabet art, 6 more potato burlap sacks to plant, last herbs in the ELF garden, and one new hay-bale bed to fill and plant for spring! Maybe even make another haybale bed with the bench bales...
- Wednesday: boat to Mayne to share presentation about Gulf Islands Schools with the District PAC and tour the Mayne School Gardens, too!
- Friday: sell concessions at Artspring for funding for the Cob Benches ;)
- Week of May 14: watering, irrigation, water meter, greenhouse plans, rammed-earth art and snacks and advertising, soil sifting.
- May 21: Email save-the-dates to donors for the June Harvest Celebration.
- Week of May 21: final prep for rammed-earth, materials and machine clears the area.
- Weekends of May 26-27 & June 2-3 - RAMMED-EARTH WORKSHOPS!
- May 30: Jenny Redpath makes June Harvest invitations & sends them with Bridget's class.
- Week of June 4: gather clay and materials for cob... and make bench forms with classes & community!
- June 13: Harvest Celebration at SSE
- Weekend of June 16-17: Cob Bench base build.
- Week of June 18: plaster & mosaic Cob Bench with classes.
- Week of June 18 & 25th: plant summer garden seedlings and let it go to grow!